Saturday, March 30, 2013

The 40s are officially over

So I feel like I've just had my tubes tied. I just sold my Harley. Emptied the garage of everything motorcycle related. All I have left is some gloves, boots and chaps. I'm sad that that part of my life is over. I will never buy another bike, and probably never ride again. I loved it, loved my Sportster and have some great memories and photos.

But it is dangerous, too many close calls (that were not my fault, which is the problem). Mark Edward and Stirling Gerbic-Forsyth didn't want me to ride anymore. And I don't really have anyone to ride with locally. All the groups ride on the weekends, and I either work on the weekends or am out of town.

One of my fondest memories is from the last time I rode. It was a warm day and I was all by myself. I rode to Castroville and then to Monterey.   Strawberries were in full bloom and it smelled wonderful. The sunshine felt amazing on my leather jacket, and it was a very powerful and empowering feeling. I really felt alive. I think other bikers will understand how that feels.
 






No comments: